Discover all that you can access through an MCVFA membership.
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance – All members have a $14,000 Accidental Death and Dismemberment group policy through Provident Insurance Agency and American Income Life Insurance Co.
- Anna Maria College Online Program – The MCVFA and Anna Maria College have partnered together to offer an MCVFA member a great opportunity to help them reach their professional and educational goals through a cost-effective and flexible online option to earn regionally accredited and truly competitive career advancement degree programs.
- Scholarships – The Robert J. Hindley Memorial Scholarship is awarded yearly to 5 deserving candidates who fit the program’s criteria to pursue higher education.
- Subscription to Smoke Showin’ Magazine – Smoke Showin’ conveys topical and educational information to the Call/Volunteer emergency services throughout the Commonwealth. The publication features articles and columns related to the emergency services as well as training, educational opportunities, legislation, and regional areas.
- Training and Education – The MCVFA provides training and education programs around the state on a variety of topics. The purpose is to reduce the number of injuries and deaths of fire and EMS responders by providing training in safety and other fire and EMS-related topics. This training takes place via seminars and programs covering a wide range of fields. The MCVFA also has a Bullex Fire Extinguisher Training simulator available for member departments’ use.
- Health & Wellness – Teaches first responders the importance of health and wellness and motivates them to start a department-wide health and fitness program.
- Recruitment and Retention Assistance – The MCVA strives to create projects and activities that will assist member departments within the Commonwealth by providing advertising and other programs to increase the ranks of the Massachusetts volunteer fire and EMS services.
- General Welfare – The MCVFA assists with financial and other means of support for members in need when possible. Such as our Heating Assistance Program which provides emergency assistance to provide home heating to members during a financial crisis.
- Legislative Advocacy – The MCVFA generates and pursues a legislative program to support its membership and make the voice of the call and volunteer fire and EMS services heard in all levels of government. The MVFCA works with legislative representatives and endeavors to secure the passage of legislation in the interest of the call/volunteer emergency services in the Commonwealth. The MCVFA has added the Engage application to is website. Engage is designed as a service for you as an easy-to-use tool for contacting your elected officials. It is an online advocacy program that allows its users to send advocacy messages to legislators on recent legislation either proposed or being debated at the state and national levels. Since we have instituted Engage, the MCVFA has been able to get several pieces of legislation passed including representation on both the Fire Training Council and Fire Services Commission.
- Fire Service Representation – The MCVFA is the representative of the call and volunteer fire and EMS services to the Commonwealth’s political and regulatory agencies including the Governor, State Legislators, Department of Fire Services, Department of Public Health, Fire Training Council, Fire Services Commission, etc.
- BJ’s Wholesale Club Discount Membership