Policy and Procedures for Submitting Articles to Smoke Showin’
1. The President or their designee shall act as editor-in-chief (the editor).
2. All items are to be submitted to the editor by the announced deadline date. Items shall be submitted via e-mail unless prior approval is received from the editor.
3. The editor shall review all submittals for content, grammar, spelling, authorization, etc. The editor shall make the final determination as to the items to be printed in Smoke Showin’.
The editor shall make spelling and minor grammar changes. If the editor determines that an article needs major revisions, the editor shall return the article to the author for the necessary changes. The editor may offer suggestions. If the author believes the article should be printed without revision, the author shall so inform the editor. The editor shall make the final determination as to whether the article will be printed. The author may appeal the editor’s decision by submitting the article to the Review Board.
4. If a previously published article, photograph, etc. are submitted, the submitter shall provide proof that permission has been received to use the article. In the case of third-party nonpublished articles or photographs, the submitter shall provide proof that permission has been received from the author or photographer. Authors, photographers, and other sources shall be given credit if used.
5. The Review Board shall appointed by the Editor. When requested by an author or the editor, they shall review the decision of the editor as to the article in question and shall vote to uphold or overturn the editor’s decision.
6. The editor shall work with the Smoke Showin’ publisher to layout the newsletter.
7. The deadline for submittals is February 18, May 18, August 18, and November 18 of each year.