Since 2012, Globe by MSA, DuPont Personal Protection, and the National Volunteer Fire Council (NVFC) have partnered to provide state-of-the-art turnout gear to fire departments in need. In 2022, MSA will donate a total of 52 sets of turnout gear and 52 helmets (four per department) to 13 all-volunteer or mostly-volunteer fire departments in the U.S. and Canada.
To be eligible to apply, departments must meet the following criteria:
- Be over 50% volunteer.
- Serve a population of 25,000 or less.
- Be located in the United States or Canada and be legally organized under state/province law.
- Individual applying on behalf of the department or department chief must be a member of the NVFC. Learn about member benefits and join at www.nvfc.org/join. (Note: MSA will provide complimentary NVFC memberships to the first 500 applicants.)
- Demonstrate a need for the gear.
- Only one application will be accepted per department. Any subsequent applications received for that department will be disqualified.
- Recipients must use the donated items for the benefit of their department and not for any other purpose; cannot be resold.
- Recipients agree that their department name, details from application essay, and photo may be used in media by MSA, DuPont, and the NVFC for the purposes of promoting the donation program.
- Previous winners from the past two years are not eligible to apply.
Applicants that do not meet the stated criteria will be disqualified from the application process.